Oily Skin in the Summertime
Posted on May 03 2015
Ahh, the sounds, sites, and feeling of summer are just around the corner. Bright colors, bright sunshine and hot days to lounge around the pool are things to look forward to.
The hot summertime sun can also play havoc with your oily facial skin.
You will sweat more, your pores will be open more often, makeup and other skin chemicals can clog the pores, and you also have the shiny face look. All of this could lead to an outbreak of zits and other facial problems.
Proactive prevention is much better than having to treat the negative reactions. Here are some tips to help you handle the summer fun with ease.
- Be sure to cleanse morning and evening. Mae sure your cleanser is gentle but effective.
- Use a hydrating toner after cleansing to remove all makeup and any left-over grime the cleanser did not remove. A toner without alcohol is best because it will not dry your skin out.
- Use hydrating wipes during the day to cool and soothe over exposed skin.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin cells and leave your skin smoother and younger appearing. Exfoliate in the morning and your makeup will work better with cleaner skin.
- Always apply a hydrating moisturizer after exfoliating to lock in the moisture.
- Drink lots of water. It’s good for your body and good for your skin.
- Minimize direct sun exposure and always wear a sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen often.
- Remediate sunburned skin immediately with soothing aloe. Apply a moisturizer with Matrixyl as soon as the skin pain subsides. The Matrixyl can help the skin repair the UV damage faster.